DANBURY, Conn. -- United Way of Western Connecticut is accepting nominations to honor local individuals and groups at its 3rd Annual Hometown Heroes Benefit Dinner.
The event will be Saturday, Feb. 27 at the Amber Room Colonnade in Danbury.
Nominations may be submitted from the following towns: Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, Kent, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Sherman, Warren and Washington.
There are many unsung heroes who live in these local communities who lead by example, give back to others because it feels good to do so and demonstrate a strong commitment to making an impact on the lives of others. A Hometown Hero distinguishes themself through their philanthropy and volunteerism.
The following criteria are taken into consideration in selecting an honoree:
- Achievement – The nominee’s actual accomplishment produced significant results.
- Action – The involvement of the nominee is active and hands-on.
- Caring – As demonstrated by the nominee’s interaction with others.
- Commitment – The nominee has a sincere belief in their community
- Impact – The nominee’s activity or program produced positive changes, provided examples for other groups.
- Initiative – The nominee recognizes a need in their local community and initiates new programs or activities to meet that need.
- Leadership – The nominee demonstrates singular leadership to contribute to their community.
- Time – The nominee dedicates considerable time and energy to making a difference in their community Proceeds from the event will benefit.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed households throughout northern Fairfield and southern Litchfield counties. These households live paycheck to paycheck and don’t have enough money for basic needs, including housing, child care, food, transportation and health care.
“In the fast-paced world in which we live and work, those who serve their local communities are rarely honored for their selfless acts,” said Kim Morgan, CEO of United Way of Western Connecticut. “We invite you to help us recognize these outstanding individuals who devote themselves to helping those in need.”
Visit uwwesternct.org to complete the nomination form by Monday, Oct. 26. The United Way plans to select honorees by mid-November.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.