DANBURY, Conn. -- United Way of Western Connecticut will host its third annual Hometown Heroes Benefit Dinner at The Amber Room Colonnade in Danbury on Saturday, Feb. 27.
UWWC is honoring local businesses and community members from Northern Fairfield and Southern Litchfield Counties who distinguish themselves through philanthropy and volunteerism.
This year’s award recipients include the following:
- Corporate Philanthropy Award to Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Corporate Volunteer Award to Savings Bank of Danbury
- Small Business Hero Award to Ralph McIntosh, Del-Tron Precision, Inc.
Nine Hometown Hero Awards will be presented to the following individuals and nonprofit agency in appreciation and recognition for giving back to towns from within UWWC’s service area including the following:
- Bethel/New Fairfield: Brotherhood In Action John and Amy Pendergast
- Bridgewater/New Milford: Frank Kelly Helen Barksdale
- Brookfield/Newtown: Susan Ludwig Peter D’Amico
- Danbury/Ridgefield: Jackie Morrison Allison Stockel Kent Bill and Catherine Bachrach
This year’s keynote speaker will be Sonia Manzano, author and actress who inspired, educated, and delighted children and families as "Maria" on Sesame Street for more than 30 years.
A first generation American of Latino descent, Sonia’s story is one of perseverance and courage as she overcame countless obstacles to become one of the most influential Latinas in television.
The event will include dinner and dancing, as well as silent and live auctions. The evening will be emceed by NFL stadium announcer, John Heffernan. Proceeds from this event will benefit UWWC’s work in support of ALICE families throughout Northern Fairfield and Southern Litchfield Counties.
For further information and to purchase tickets and sponsorships, visit their website.
Contact Stacy Schulman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-792-5330 ext. 247.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.