Contact Us
Newtown Daily Voice serves Bethel & Newtown
Return to your home site

Menu

Newtown Daily Voice serves Bethel & Newtown

Nearby Towns

news

Sandy Hook Families Prepared To Wait Two Years For Gun Trial To Begin

Mark Barden, the father of a 7-year-old Sandy Hook victim, said he is prepared to wait two years to take the families case against the gunmaker to trial.
Mark Barden, the father of a 7-year-old Sandy Hook victim, said he is prepared to wait two years to take the families case against the gunmaker to trial. Photo Credit: White House.gov

NEWTOWN, Conn. — A parent and a husband who lost loved ones during the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in 2012 said they are prepared to wait two years, until April 3, 2018, to take their case to trial against the company that makes the gun used to kill 20 children and six teachers, according to the Connecticut Post.

Mark Barden, whose 7-year-old son was killed, and William Sherlach, whose wife was killed, told a crowd Tuesday on the steps of the Bridgeport courthouse that they can wait and plan to take the trial all the way, reported the Connecticut Post. Last week, a Superior Court judge upheld their case to go to trial, said the Connecticut Post.

In January 2015, 10 families filed a lawsuit against the Remington Outdoor Co., the maker of the Bushmaster rifle used by Adam Lanza to kill the students and teachers. The also sued the gun's distributor, Camfour Holding, and Riverview Sales, the store where the gun was purchased by Lanza's mother, added the Connecticut Post.

Click here to read the Connecticut Post story.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Newtown Daily Voice!

Serves Bethel & Newtown

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.