BETHEL, Conn. — Firefighters from the Stony Hill and Bethel Fire Departments made quick work of a chimney fire Saturday evening on Walnut Hill Road, the Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Department said on Facebook.
At 5:55 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a house on Walnut Hill Road, the post said.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the chimney contents had been removed by an off-duty firefighter. Members used a ladder to access the roof and used chains to clear remaining soot and debris from the chimney liner, firefighters said.
The house was ventilated and checked for carbon monoxide levels, firefighters said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.