BETHEL, Conn. — A classic Chevy was saved from burning up thanks to a quick-thinking Bethel neighbor with a fire extinguisher on Monday afternoon, according to the Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Department.
The Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Department responded at 4:20 p.m. Monday to Westview Drive on a report of an already extinguished care fire in a garage, according to a Facebook post.
Upon arrival, firefighters found smoky conditions inside the garage with no visible fire.
The vehicle — a white Chevy with fins — was pushed out of the garage and the smoke was removed.
"Crisis was averted," firefighters said in a post. " We also were able to take the opportunity to show the neighborhood children the fire truck!"
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.