DANBURY, Conn. — Danbury High prides itself on its status as the largest high school in the state. And it holds its graduation ceremony outside on the football field to accommodate the large crowd of graduates, staff, families, friends and community supports.
And with that in mind, there are two important dates to keep in mind for graduation this year as 652 students step off at Danbury High.
Graduation for the Class of 2017 is set for Monday, June 19, at 5 p.m. in DHS Stadium.
And also keep in mind, given the stormy forecast for Monday, the rain date is Tuesday, June 20, at the same time, same place.
Sarah Schechter is valedictorian of his year's graduating class at DHS. She will be attending the University of Connecticut in the fall.
Bradley Fox is salutatorian and will be attending Dartmouth University.
Robert Ethan Elkins, Michael Joseph Halas II and Joseph Seamus Waldron will be attending the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
Here are the names and colleges of the students ranked 3rd to 20th, according to the Hatters Herald:
- Alexander Christoforides, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Brent Jacobellis, Dartmouth.
- Patrick Cherry, Yale.
- Haig Bernard, Northeastern University.
- Sarina Gersten, University of Connecticut.
- Renee Neves, Furman University.
- Ramagopal Karthikeyan, Purdue University.
- Zoe Coleman, University of Connecticut.
- Vaishali Kanamalla, University of Connecticut.
- Mkkas Grewal, University of Connecticut.
- Muqsith Rafi, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Rebecca Kohn, University of Connecticut.
- Cameron Coe, Western New England University.
- Micah-Rafael Hall, National University of Singapore.
- Kelly Webb, University of Connecticut.
- Kimberly Ramos, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Fawaaz Shaffeeullah, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Kelly Dolan, University of Connecticut.
Where are all the graduating seniors heading next? Click here to see a full list at the Hatters Herald website.
To sign up for Daily Voice's email news alerts, click here and select your hometown.