Contact Us
Newtown Daily Voice serves Bethel & Newtown

Menu

Newtown Daily Voice serves Bethel & Newtown

Nearby Towns

weather

Wet Weather Headed For Newtown As Temps Warm For Weekend

Fairfield County residents may want to keep umbrellas handy with rain in the forecast for the next several days.
Fairfield County residents may want to keep umbrellas handy with rain in the forecast for the next several days. Photo Credit: TJ Buzzeo, File

FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — It might be a while until Fairfield County sees the sun again, as it is expected to rain all through the weekend and into next week. But the good news is that it's supposed to warm up as well.

A warm front is supposed to move through the area, bringing with it light precipitation and temperatures climbing to more seasonable levels, according to the National Weather Service. There is a 40 percent chance of rain Friday, mainly after noon. The high will be near 44, with wind chill values between 25 and 35. It could be a bit windy, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Friday night will be mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 43 and southwest winds between 6 to 9 mph.

On Saturday there is a chance of rain throughout the day, when the chance of precipitation is 40 percent. The high will be near 53, with some calm winds in the afternoon. Saturday night will see light rain after 7 p.m. and patchy fog after 11 p.m. Otherwise it will be cloudy with a low around 36. The chance of precipitation is 60 percent, with new precipitation amounts between a tenth- and quarter-inch possible.

Light rain will continue on Sunday morning, followed by a drizzle or light rain in the afternoon. Otherwise, it will be cloudy with a high near 41. The chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Rain will continue into the night, which will also see patchy fog before 1 a.m. The low will be around 36, and the chance of precipitation is 60 percent.

Monday will see rain, with an 80 percent chance of precipitation and a high near 50. The rain will continue into the night, where the low will be around 41. There is also the chance of rain on Tuesday, mainly before 7 a.m. The high will be near 51. The chance of precipitation on Tuesday night will be 50 percent, with a low around 38.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Newtown Daily Voice!

Serves Bethel & Newtown

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.