DANBURY, Conn. -- The Western Connecticut State University Center for Compassion and Institute for Holistic Health Studies will host “Meditation: Multicultural Perspectives” on Wednesday, Sept. 7.
The event will take place in the Campus Center Ballroom on WCSU's Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext. in Danbury.
This event is free and open to the public. The speakers will include:
- Christel Autuori, IHHS director, will present the keynote address and a workshop on one-pointed meditation, guided imagery and coloring and chocolate mediation.
- Geshela Dhargey, Tibetan Buddhist monk, will show “Buddhist Meditation” techniques.
- Stephen Dydo, practiced meditator and composer, will present "Just Listen! Music and Meditation.”
- Chris Farrell, musician and composer, will discuss “Sounds of Peace.”
- Deana Paqua, spiritual teacher, shamanic healer and Reiki master, will explain how to “Meet Your Power Animal.”
- Jesse Rovero, practiced meditator and instructor, will examine “Mudras and Sahaja Yoga Meditation."
- Nancy Scherlong, holistic psychotherapist, creative arts therapist and coach, will guide the audience through “Journaling as Meditation.”
- Lara Ward, holistic health coach and educator, will present “Yoga-Meditation in Motion.”
"The purpose of this event is to introduce people to the various styles of meditation,” Autuori said.
For additional information, contact Autuori at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of University Relations at (203) 837-8486.
The event will begin at 5 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.